Sunday, June 26, 2005

Happy anniversary to us'uns


This picture was taken on June 26, 1971. So it’s the 34th anniversary of the day we got married. Aren’t we precious? It’s been an interesting 33 years. I think we have had a good marriage. But we are not perfect people and it’s not been a perfect marriage. There were a couple of times when it would have been very easy to throw in the towel and leave the ring – but we didn’t. We’ve stuck it out, we’ve worked at it, and I’m glad. Would I do it again? You betcha. My parents just celebrated their 60th anniversary a few days ago. Sixty years! My parent’s marriage has been an excellent model of how a good marriage is supposed to go. And they have had a very good marriage indeed. I just wish we both weighed now what we weighed then....

No comments: