Friday, November 05, 2010

I have a bit of a meltdown….

I am the oldest child in the family, and next in line are two brothers, followed by a baby sister.

Both of my brothers work at jobs that are located within about 10 minutes of LA International Airport. Nobody is too anxious for our father to drive into LAX to pick me up.

So, this brother called...



and said he would be picking me up.

That was fine with me.

Then another phone call arrived while I was out and our son answered. My brother said he was not picking me up, but the other brother, Danny, was.




And he really is sort of a goofy guy.


Strange things happen when Danny gets involved with picture taking.



Except I didn’t hear anymore about it from Danny and I did not have his mobile phone number. About a week ago, my sister e-mailed me about Danny picking me up, and I sort of had a meltdown in the middle of answering her back. I started crying because I hadn’t heard from him.

It was just ridiculous.

It struck me later that I have coped fairly well, I think, with a lot of very serious stuff in the last year. I haven’t exactly sailed along all the time, but I have done OK. So why I broke down and started bawling because I hadn’t heard from my brother beats the heck out of me. There is a bit in the Bible about “little foxes ruining the grapes,” and I think it applies here as well. In the midst of a major crisis you know you can’t fall apart, but it is OK to collapse in a heap with something very minor.
 
But. I am happy to say we are all squared away. He did e-mail me, I have his mobile number, and it appears my son and I will be picked up at the airport after all.

4 comments:

Oklahoma Granny said...

Have a safe trip and a wonderful visit with your family. By the way - you all are a very good looking group.

The Weaver of Grass said...

I think we all have those sort of moments in our lives. Hope the trip goes well.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Have a good time..enjoying the sunshine and warmth..sometimes we just reach our maximum amount of ability to cope and have to bawl and then things are all better:)

Have Myelin? said...

Have a good time! Glad I found your blog.

You said "In the midst of a major crisis you know you can’t fall apart, but it is OK to collapse in a heap with something very minor."

I find that to be earthshattering true now.