Monday, June 06, 2011

Gettin’ gussied up…

A big event in the family is coming up in a couple of weeks – my sister’s youngest daughter is getting married, and we will be leaving soon to drive on out there to the Left Coast and have us a party.

Which means we have to organize ourselves and figure out what we are going to wear. We have been living a long time in an area where Ozark Casual is the rule – people have a tendency to show up at weddings and funerals too, wearing their everyday clothes, which for quite a few is bib overalls or their work clothes. At the last wedding I attended, the grandfather of the bride did indeed show up in Dickie pants and a work shirt.

I have had a lot of fun teasing my sister about what we may or may not be wearing. I sent her an e-mail in which I said “Richard wants to know if he can wear his bib overalls” to the wedding…”

I have reassured her several times that I am just kidding. But when I talked to her on Saturday Richard reminded to tell her that he would be add a flower in the buttonhole to give his Ozark tuxedo a bit of class.


 
I really am just kidding.

We discovered that Richard has two suits in the closet. They have been kept secure in a garment bag and there are no holes in them from the moths. We don’t remember buying two suits, but there they are.

3 comments:

Oklahoma Granny said...

I'm thinking 'Ozark casual' has spread to NE Oklahoma too.

Just Stuff From a Boomer said...

I remember my grandfather wearing his overalls, in the boot heel of Mo. For dress, he'd put on a white shirt under a fresh pair. He fit right in with the other men.

Lil Sis said...

Love it! I'm loling - again...