Tuesday, April 17, 2012

A bit of whimsy


We decided to visit some friends who we had not seen in a long time. In a conversation I had with the wife some time ago, after I told her that Richard had brought me a bouquet of flowers he had picked along side the road, she had complained in a funny way that nobody ever brought her flowers, so Richard decided to pick her a Spring bouquet.

At the time there were not a huge assortment of flowers to be had (I have fallen a bit behind on my blog) – dogwoods, some yellow flowers (mustard?), and the first of the tall purple flowers that bloom wild in the yard, but it was pretty enough.




She was tickled, I think as much because he remembered to pick them as she was that she actually had flowers sitting on her counter. She especially enjoyed the special vase we used to transport the flowers to her.

And then a few days later, Richard came back from his walk and carefully sets this down on my desk.

It is a blessing to be married to man who tries to figure out ways to make me laugh. And fortunately for him, it doesn't take much.

1 comment:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Sometimes it is the thought that counts..and a smile ..he knows you well:)