Monday, January 30, 2006

Stocking up...

After the Toothpaste and Shampoo Incidents, I thought that perhaps the almost compulsive bargain-buying behavior R exhibits when he goes hunting for groceries might have been cured, maybe just a little. But after spending most of Sunday afternoon rearranging our out-of-control pantry and getting the foodstuffs organized, I see that I was mistaken. We discovered we have 6 unopened 24-roll packages of toilet paper, plus 16 loose rolls under the bathroom sink. That’s 160 rolls of toilet paper. If we lived 100 miles from civilization, that might not be such a bad thing, but within a 3-mile radius of our house are a Dollar General store, two grocery stores and a Wal-Mart clone, all of which sell toilet paper. Then there are the cans of sauerkraut. Things were so disorganized in there that he thought we were out, but we weren’t. We now have 34 cans of sauerkraut. Yummy. I guess it sounds like I am complaining. I’m not, especially when I think about the husbands that some women live with. I think this is rather funny, and I love him. He has been faithfully walking on the treadmill every day.

No comments: