Friday, February 17, 2006

Taking some medicine...

“A merry heart doeth good like a medicine; but a broken spirit drieth the bones” (Prov 17:22). One of the things I appreciate the most about me and my husband together is our capacity to enjoy a good laugh. Neither of us are goofy, silly people, but we do find things strangely amusing sometimes. The other morning, he asked me “Do you wanna mango by yourself.” I parsed and immediately understood this straightforward question (translation: Do you want to eat an entire mango yourself or should we split one), but something about it struck my funny bone – I guess because mango sounds like tango. My mind immediately leapt to the possibilities of what might be meant by mango by myself. Sure, I’d love to mango by myself. "Would you like to go mangoing today?” Anyway, we got the giggles and then as more possibilities of what mango might mean presented themselves, we laughed even harder. Was it REALLY that funny? Probably not, but thanks to the laughter, both of us were felt buoyant for most of the day and even better, we managed not to talk about our son for almost 3 hours. What a milestone that was!

No comments: