Friday, September 12, 2008

I go to a garage sale and don't fall down

Yes indeed. My first garage sale since the accident in June, when I fell and fractured a pelvic bone before I barely had a chance to look at the first table of stuff.

I am drawn to blue pottery like a moth to a flame; so naturally, this little gem had to come home with me.

I am a firm believer in putting things to work, even pretty things. So, if it can have a useful function in this house, then it does. In this case the little blue bottle is going to become the container for the Herbes de Provence, which I will sprinkle on the squash when I cook it tonight. As usual when I attempt anything in the kitchen, I make a mess while I try to fill it.

Now, the old canning jar can go back in the cupboard in the pantry, and instead of looking at it, I can appreciate the beauty of this little bottle sitting on top of the spice rack and get some use out of it as well.

No comments: