Sunday, April 12, 2009

He is Risen!

He is risen! Indeed!


He rose, yes indeed He did! but they didn’t.

In a few hours, after the church service is over, we will gather at the fellowship hall to share a meal. I will be bringing various vegetables. For sure, sweet onions roasted with balsamic vinegar, perhaps Brussels sprouts in a sauce of onions and mustard, or maybe mixed vegetables with red Thai curry paste.... hard to decide.

And I decided to make rolls. I bake bread. I bake a lot of bread. At least once a week I make...

pita bread...

or flat bread...

or French bread...

and time after time it turns out just fine. Making rolls should be a no-brainer.

Perhaps I have no brain. I don’t know. The "brown and serve rolls" I made yesterday from my tried and true Betty Crocker cookbook -- the cookbook I got as a wedding present in 1971, did not turn out very well.

Unlike our Savior, they did not rise up. They just sort of sat there. They are definitely "brown." They are, in fact, lumpy, brown balls. They taste great though. Nobody will eat them. And I will bring them home and get out the...


and the...
and none of the calories will count.

1 comment:

The Weaver of Grass said...

Sometimes I make bread - sometimes it rises - sometimes it doesn't - but it always tastes better than bread bought from the bakers and that is all that matters!