Friday, January 14, 2011

Fly away in the morning


One of the songs we sang at the church we used to attend was “I’ll Fly Away” an old-timey song about the soul leaving the body and flying away to heaven….

Some bright morning when this life is over,
I’ll fly away
To a land where joy will never end
I’ll fly away
I’ll fly away oh glory,
I’ll fly away, in the morning…
When I die, hallelujah by and by,
I’ll fly away…

Our boy left his body behind yesterday morning and his soul flew away to heaven.

We left him at about 11:00 am, after the ultrasound technician finished her examination, alert and playing on the laptop computer. We were called about 45 minutes later that he had taken a turn for the worse and we needed to come back. I arrived at the nursing home within 5 minutes of getting the call, and he had just died.

We had bad news from the ultrasound examination. The preliminary result showed there was no free fluid in his abdomen. There was nothing the doctors could do to reduce the size of his belly and make him more comfortable. Had he lived longer he would likely have had a very miserable death.

So, the Lord was merciful. We began our walk through the valley of the shadow of death in June, and it has come to an end. And now we will go on with our lives without him.

“The Lord gave, and the Lord has taken away
Blessed be the name of the Lord”



Farewell my boy....


until we meet again in glory.

16 comments:

Cathy said...

((((Hugs)))
With love from Cathy X

Donna. W said...

How hard it must be to lose your child. I can't imagine. We are not supposed to outlive our babies, are we? God rest his soul, and may God comfort you in this time of grief.

Susan said...

My heart goes out to you.

Father God I pray your peace, that only you can give, the peace that passeth understanding surround and envelop these dear precious parents. Father may we all truly realize this life is not what it's all about but spending eternity with you is. In my Saviors precious, precious name I pray. Amen.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Oh Leilani I am so sorry..your grief must be overwhelming. I know you knew it was coming..but a person is never really prepared.

Rest assured that heaven is now his home..and your Mom was waiting for him with open arms.
Sending you a hug!:)

Anonymous said...

So sorry for your loss. You are in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

So very sorry for your loss. May God in His Infinite glory envelope you and your family in comfort and peace.

DayPhoto said...

I can NOT imagine losing a child. It has to be one of the hardest things ever. It also would be hard seeing them suffer.

My heart goes out to you.

Hugs,
Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

LindaG said...

My God comfort you at this time. You have my sympathies.

Patsy said...

God will be with you each day. I lost my son in June 2009. I think of him every day but time helps with the pain.
Hugs

Oklahoma Granny said...

Leilani, My heart is breaking for you and your family. I pray that you may feel the peace of God as He wraps you with His love.

lisa said...

I was shocked and saddened to read this. I am so very sorry.

Lord, please wrap your arms around your Daughter Leilani, and son her husband. Lord give them strength for the next few very hard days. Lord let them sleep in peace (Psl. 4:8)
Lord send them your angels on earth to help them in these next few days, they will need these angels, And Lord, thank you for the certainty, that you son Nathaniel is now in Glory with you.
With love in the Name of our Precious Lord and Saviour....Jesus Christ......

Anonymous said...

I am so deeply sorry for your loss, but glad that your boy is no longer suffering.

Roxane B. Salonen said...

I came over from Connie's blog, Far Side of Fifty. I'm so sorry to hear that you've lost your precious son, but so happy to hear that you can see with the eyes of faith. I have a small child on the other side, and I look forward to seeing him someday. Heaven has never looked so good. I'm sure you feel this way, too. You brought this person into the world and you were there his last day to see him back into the arms of his eternal father. God will take care of him until you reunite. Peace be with you!

Elli H. Radinger said...

Leilani, my far away friend. I'm so very sorry for your loss. My sympathies to you and Richard.

"Whether a wounded hand or a wounded heart, the healing comes from within. In the process, time passes, priorities shift, and life proceeds. However, life is different, for we have changed."
Janis Amatuzio - Forever Ours

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry for your loss. Losing a child is the saddest event to ever experience.

The Weaver of Grass said...

You will be in my thought through the weeks to come.