Saturday, January 03, 2015

The things we do for love…


Although I anticipated that I was quite willingly going to fall off the New Year’s Resolution wagon before it even got hitched up and on the road, things didn’t quite work out that way.

Oh yes, we did go to McDonald’s and we did get hamburgers and french fries that tasted s-o-o-o-o- good going down….

And about 90 minutes later, I made a very quick trip to the porcelain throne in the little room off the kitchen. You can take my word for it that the hamburger and french fries did not taste quite the same on the return trip.

I finished watching the television program with Richard and then plopped myself down in the recliner because I thought maybe it would best if I just went to sleep. I have been sleeping in the recliner in the living room because the pain around my lungs isn’t so bad when I get up if I am not laying flat on my back. 

I was getting settled in, when I suddenly realized I needed to make another deposit, but I didn’t get up in time.  

It ended up on me, the blankets, the chair, the floor… not a lot... but enough.

I started to cry out of embarrassment, and there stood my dearly beloved looking at this disaster. And while I was in the shower (where I puked some more), he got a bucket of hot soapy water and ammonia and he cleaned it up.

I didn’t think I could do that, he said.

But he did. As exasperating as this man can be at times, I am so very, very glad he loves me.

So, I kept the New Year’s resolution after all that day, and I have stuck to it – so far at least.

2 comments:

Susan said...

Bless you and his hearts. Hope you are feeling better.

Far Side of Fifty said...

It is good to have a helpmate! Hope you feel better soon:)