Saturday, July 04, 2020

Time for Plan B


The score is in for round 1 of the contest between a determined...


and very clever animal... 


and the human (me) who is attempting to outwit it. 

Animal: 1, human: 0. 

First, it climbed the tree and pulled down on the cable, which caused the feeder to slide down next to the tree and it could get to the sunflower seeds,

I put a stop to that by putting a clothespin on the cable to keep the feeder in place.

Then, it did an upside down tightrope act down the cable to get to it.

I thought I had fixed that when I strung the cable through the empty soda bottles. Silly me.

Today, the raccoon destroyed the bird feeder I was attempting to protect. True, it was already somewhat damaged, but I had fixed it enough so that I could still hang it.

Now it is beyond repair.

I am very tired of the game, and tomorrow I am setting up the live animal trap when we get home from church. Since it is out now in broad daylight, I hope to catch it early in the afternoon.

I can only hope that it is not so clever that it figures out what will happen when it goes in for the food.

2 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

We have a coon that is stealing suet...they are smart!

Leilani Schuck Weatherington said...

A friend at church has tied something very heavy (part of a brick with holes it in I think) to the bottom of their suet feeder to keep the coons from pulling it up.