Thursday, May 23, 2019

A Convenient Breakdown

“How do you know if you've got a good mechanic? By the size of his boat.” 
Tom Magliozzi (Click and Clack, the Tappet Brothers)

We took the car I drive to Randy, our mechanic (and we dread the day he decides to retire), for the annual inspection so we can get it licensed and for some routine maintenance – oil change, filter, windshield wipers, check the radiator, check the battery. The usual.

And about 90 minutes later, Randy calls my husband and “needs to talk.” He had put the car up on the lift so he could check the brakes for the inspection, but when he tried to drive the car off the lift, it wouldn’t start. The starter was kaput. Just like that.

So, Randy put in a new starter (which cost some $$$) and a new battery, and the car was repaired and were not otherwise inconvenienced.

Having a car quit working while one is out and about is very stressful, even when one is prepared: each car we drive has a good jack and a good spare tire, we have roadside assistance, we have mobile phones (although my ability to operative my is problematic) to call for help. And we didn’t need them. At least this time.

What a good place for the breakdown to occur.

I don't know if Randy has a boat, but I wouldn't begrudge him one.

1 comment:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Yes I have had that happen...good thing yours happened during a mechanic visit! One time I had to walk three blocks to a place that sold batteries...I could have been stranded in the country :)