Monday, October 03, 2022

Senior Moment x2

Senior moment: an instance of momentary forgetfulness or confusion that is attributed to the aging process

It is easy to laugh about having a senior moment after some time has passed, but it isn’t so funny when you’re in the middle of one of these episodes and your spouse is right there with you in it.
 

Understanding that a “reasonable price” for a bell pepper now is not the same as a “reasonable price” was before inflation hit, the local grocery store had really nice, large, green bell peppers at a reasonable price. I use bell peppers fairly regularly and was planning to make Peking Hamburgers,  (which this website has lifted from the “Cooking for Two” cookbook I got as a wedding present) and requires a bell pepper ring.
 

On Tuesday I went to the grocery store. Bell peppers were still on sale and were on the list. I remember stopping where the bell peppers were and picking one up and admiring it.
 

Two days later when it came time to make the hamburgers, I couldn’t find the bell peppers. Richard and I both looked in the refrigerator… I took most everything in there out. We looked on the table where some other produce was, under the table, behind the chairs, several other places in the living area. Maybe I left them in the car? Nope.
 

I was positive I had bought the bell peppers and  Richard was positive he had seen them when I brought them home.  I finally found the receipt for the groceries I had bought, and bell peppers were not on the receipt. I never bought them – although I was convinced I had – and Richard never saw them – although he was convinced he had.
 

One of the local pharmacies is recruiting people to participate in a study about Alzheimer disease and dementia. I am half tempted to sign us up.

No comments: