Saturday, December 31, 2005

Thank heaven for little girls...


My mother began calling this trio of granddaughters “the Little Girls” when they were, oh, about 3, 5, and 7 years old. Old habits die hard, and she still calls them “the Little Girls.” It seems like only yesterday that they were back in the spare room at Grandma’s playing with the little girl toys – the baby strollers, the stuffed animals, the baby dolls, the miniature piano, and the dress-up clothes – that have now all been put away. The two older ones are now in college. I wish I could have spent more time with them as an aunt (and we say “ant” in our family!), but we only see them maybe once a year for a short time when we are on vacation. My sister and her husband, and my brother and his wife, have been excellent parents and have raised their daughters to be lovely young women.

No comments: