Monday, September 21, 2020

My Weekend

When I turned on my computer this morning, there was an e-mail from my friend Judy that she sent yesterday. She drove herself to Indiana to see her sister, who has metastasized cancer with a poor prognosis. All of us (her friends) thought it was extremely important that she go there and spend some time with her sister. She arrived safe and sound. I admire her courage. I would hope that if I were in a similar situation, I too would be brave.
 

She wanted to know how my weekend was. How was it? Well....
 

After a delightful walk in the early Fall-like morning, I spent most of the day Saturday working on a long, tiresome paper for the gastroenterology journal.

Sunday morning I heated up a slug along with my coffee in the microwave (I forget to check before I shut the door).

I remembered to wash my hair in plenty of time before I left for church. Last Sunday I washed my hair 10 minutes before I was supposed to leave, but managed to arrive on time.

Heard a good sermon on God’s generosity.

Finished a delightful novel for young teenagers, The Incredible Guinevere St. Clair.

Our library has a collection of Mark Twain-nominated novels for young people. I have read several of them and enjoy them very much.
 
Watched a fascinating program on Nova on PBS about the slime mold Physarum polycephalum

And to close out the evening, I dropped one of the lovely cordial glasses, which shattered.


The six glasses we ordered were shipped from England and arrived here in perfect condition. We knew one of us would break one eventually, but it was just awful and I really hate it that I was the one. 

So, as one of my brothers (who has sold his house, packed up and moved his family to Idaho just in time for Winter -- are they ever in for an adventure!) would say... there you have it…

1 comment:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Good too know you are still active! Sorry about the pretty glass:(