Saturday, October 03, 2020

Happy October!

 It’s time I think to relax in my recliner and read a favorite novel. 

Says Anne Shirley to Marilla Cuthbert...

"I'm so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers. It would be terrible if we just skipped from September to November."

The book blends so well with the wonderful series that was aired on PBS, with the characters perfectly cast.

I can hardly read the book without seeing the wonderful cast of characters in my mind’s eye.

October days can be truly glorious here in the Missouri Ozarks. The sun is not so high in the sky, so the light has a different quality. Fall seems to sneak up on us here at first, but now the trees are starting to turn colors. It may not be quite as colorful as it might because of the drought which has caused some trees to drop their leaves early, but still pretty enough.

October days can also be sort of chilly and soggy and a tad unpleasant – today started off like that, but then the sun came out and all was right with the world.

Yes indeed. I agree with Anne. It would truly be terrible!

3 comments:

Donna. W said...

I have learned to love autumn. For most of my life, autumn depressed me because rather than enjoy the beauty of it, and the cooler temperatures, all I could think of was that winter is coming, with all the snow and cold and expenses. These days I try to find something to enjoy every day, because the number of days left to me are rapidly being used.

Galla Creek said...

I loved that Anne series. It was so good. The author of these books had a very interesting life. Her mother died if T B before she was 2 years old. She lived in Canada and was raised by grandparents who were elderly. She ended her life April 24, 1942, Montgomery was found dead in her bed in her Toronto home. The primary cause of death recorded on her death certificate was coronary thrombosis. September 2008, her granddaughter, Kate Macdonald Butler, revealed that Montgomery suffered from depression—possibly as a result of caring for her mentally ill husband for decades—and may have taken her own life through a drug overdose.

Far Side of Fifty said...

I believe I read that a long long time ago. If I ever get caught up I should read it again:)