Sunday, November 13, 2005

Nuthin’ wrong with us....


Most people have experienced at least one cranky, miserable old person who has become that way either because of circumstance owing to ill health or bitterness for any number of reasons, or because they have always just basically been that way and their personality is now set in concrete. Today is my dad’s birthday. He is now 81 years old and, thank God, he is just the same, happy, cheerful and most definitely sometimes silly person today as he was when this picture was taken in late 60s, when he was in his mid-40s, I was a college student (19 or 20), and my sister was about 10 years old. This picture has been a source of hilarity in our family. I took after my father in the legs and hips and we both frequently stood one-legged at the sink while doing the dishes. He is no longer physically able to stand this way (and neither am I), but he still makes us laugh with his funny faces.

No comments: