Saturday, December 04, 2010

Coffee can is lookin' pretty good

We have an account at one of the Big Banks in the town down the road because we had a customer in Germany who paid us with wire transfers and it was the only bank in the area, at that time,  that was set up to accept international electronic wire transfers.

This morning I was entering the accounting into the computer and I see that....

In July the account earned 13 cents in interest. Wow!

In August the account earned 13 cents in interest. Double wow!!

In September the account earned 11 cents in interest. What the....?

I go roaring into R's office:

Shouldn't we have earned a bit MORE interest in September seeing as the account now has 26 more cents in it? How come we only got 11 cents?

All he could think of was that they must have cut the amount of interest they are paying.

I have never been particularly fond of this bank. When I was in college, I got so riled up about this bank and its policies (this was during the Vietnam war, doncha know) that I joined other students in a protest at one of its local branches.

In the meantime, I am thinking that there is absolutely no advantage to having our money in this bank. We would be just as well off putting it in a coffee can and burying it in the yard.

3 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

I don't think they ever found all the coffee cans my great grandma buried.:)

Oklahoma Granny said...

My husband's uncle buried money too and they don't think they ever found it all after he passed away. He did have an area rug in his bedroom and when they rolled it back to clean the floors they found $100 bills lining the edge of the rug.

Leilani Schuck Weatherington said...

I know terrible hardship has been created in families because money was buried and never found. We aren't going to do that... just feelin' a bit frustrated