Wednesday, October 01, 2008

I get a new widget... and an award

Step right up folks! Now available!! Get your very own virtual reality insect widget!!! Jazz up your iGoogle home page. Impress your friends. Each one is unique, comes and goes as it pleases. Endless source of visual entertainment. Each one is so lifelike, you'll think its real!!!

This extra special addition to my iGoogle home page suddenly popped up just as I was about to do a Google search. And unlike the other widgets that I have arranged on my iGoogle page, this one didn't stay in one spot; it began wandering around. But I didn't find this widget on Google. Nosiree. It found me. This was no virtual reality insect. This was the real deal. It flew in the back door and past my head, right by my ear, sounding like a B52 bomber, and homed in on my monitor. And just about as quickly, I helped it out the back door (in a glass jar and still alive).
And my blog has been given an award. I feel very honored that Miss Paula has mentioned my blog on her blog. As I have already mentioned several times (even recently) our respective families have been friends for years, but it has been a long time since I have visited with Paula in person. I think the last time was in 1985 when my sister got married and we were both in her wedding. As we were waiting for the ceremony to start, Paula was complaining that she wasn't feeling very good. She later found out why: she was pregnant.

Her dad and my father were fishing buddies. Her dad, Gene Rogers, is in the middle holding one of her children, as a matter of fact. Paula has two gifts that I don't have, one is the hand-eye coordination to do fine embroidery work and the other is the patience...

Thanks Paula.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was pregnant with Evan and he is in this picture with Papa Gene!! They were great pals!!

Donna. W said...

I'm watching online for the colors in the ozarks to peak; we'll ride the motorcycle to Branson when that time comes.