Saturday, October 31, 2009

Cup of tea, anyone?

Yet another very rainy day in the Ozarks, and I return home from town after having run some errands, without an umbrella,  feeling rather damp. Time to get into something warm and settle down with a cup of tea.

Would you care to join me? Not too long ago, I went nuts in the salvage store and I can offer you many varieties of tea. What kinds?





I am not supposed to drink a lot of caffeine, so the The "California Orange" can contains caffeine-free orange pekoe, if just regular type tea is what you want... 




And this is not even all of them, which I am somewhat embarrassed to admit (I am in good company, the LOML once accumulated 42 tubes of toothpaste that he found on sale)..

And I have a lovely teapot.



I can offer a variety of cups to drink it from....



And some Honey-Lavender biscotti, which is perfect for dipping if you're a "dunker"...




which I found out about at the food  blog written by Sidewalk Shoes (and I even copied the way she took her photograph) who had a link to it. And she is right, it is about the best biscotti I have ever made. Biscotti is a wonderful form of cookie for eating with something hot and fluid, because it can be made without any added fat, which helps to keep the calorie count down.

So, shall we have a tea party?

5 comments:

Andora said...

I love tea!!! and also like you can't do caffeine.so I do buy decaf and add a little splenda to mine..love the pretty teapot..wish I could have a cup with ya...

Wanda..... said...

...and I thought I had a lot of tea! I love the flavor of Celestial Seasonings Chai...I keep looking for other flavors to love but only end up with a ones to like so far. Which are your favorites?

Leilani Schuck Weatherington said...

Hard to pick favorites, but I especially like chai, Earl Grey, jasmine, 1 teabag of mint and 1 teabag of regular; Constant Comment...

The Weaver of Grass said...

I'll have a cup of orange pekoe with no milk and no sugar - and a little plate of those delicious looking biscotti too, please. And an hour of your very pleasant company. I love that tea pot with two little carrying bits instead of a big handle. So perhaps we can chat about that too. Thank you for the invitation.

Tami Weingartner said...

I'll share a cuppa with ya!

My favorite is one bag of peppermint and one of black too!!!