Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Staying in the Lines

A few weeks ago our 30-something boy came in after a hard day at the sawmill with a box of crayons and a coloring book.

???

I feel like I am bored on the weekends and I don't have anything to do so I think I will color. It will help to relax me.

And so he did start to color...



Well, I like to color too. As I have said in previous posts, I am not an artistically creative person in terms of making things with my hands, but coloring a picture is something I can do. I know there is an idea that making children color in the lines is somehow repressive, maybe so. But I like the security of having the boundary of a line, and the pleasing effect of staying in the lines.





I found a wonderful Web site with lots of geometric designs and so we have been coloring.







And our refrigerator is becoming truly decorated.



3 comments:

Andora said...

That is really cool...because I love to color to.just thought I was the only middle aged woman who loves to color in christmas coloring books...so glad to know there are others like me..and it is so relaxing...what is the web-site that you found these on???
and your son knows how to relax..that is so great....
take care

The Weaver of Grass said...

Love the colouring LL - what a sophisticated way to decorate one's fridge!

Leilani Schuck Weatherington said...

Here is the Web site for some of the designs. Don't know why I didn't just put in the post when I wrote it...

http://www.free-printable-mandala-coloring-pages.com/free-mandalas-to-color.shtml