Friday, December 05, 2008

Clowning around...

On Sunday, while I was fretting over whether the people were going to like the cranberry goat cheese stuff, my brother was having a birthday.

I didn't actually forget his birthday, but he doesn't know that. I just put it off. We were planning a trip to the City* on Tuesday to buy the Christmas presents, and so I decided to wait and buy his present then and mail it later.

My brother can be rather serious and melancholy, and then he can be funny, too.


But even so, I was rather surprised when he became a clown. He did his clown ministry for several years, and was good at it.

At 9 a.m. on Sunday he sends me this e-mail...

It's my birthday, it's my birthday, its all about me all about me.. Happy birthday to me happy, birthday to me, happy birthday to me, happy birthday to me.

me.

And at the end of day, I get another e-mail:

It's the end of my birthday day, it's the end of my birthday day, it's no longer about me, it's no longer about me...

Back to the dishes, washing clothes, mopping the floors and vacuuming, making the beds, picking up the dog poop, taking out the trash, and cooking the food. :) :)

I should have sent him a card earlier. Doggone it. What the heck is the matter with me. Now I feel really bad that I didn't.

Guess what is going to be first on the list of the New Year's Resolutions?

* Going to town is a drive of about 1.5 miles (one-way). Going to Town is 25 miles (one-way). Going the City is 90 miles (one-way).

3 comments:

pam said...

I love his emails! What a sense of humor he has...well of course he does, he was a clown!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Your brother is really a Clown! Wonderful! We have about the same here..town 3 miles, Town 14 miles, City 86 miles. We always do lunch on the City one! :)

Lil Sis said...

I almost forgot about Drummer the Clown. I called him on his b-day, and he was joking around and saying "it's all about me today..." :>) I was glad he got to go fishing that morning.