Monday, December 01, 2008

I Can't Believe I Ate the Whole Thing....

So yesterday was the monthly church potluck meal, which was also another Thanksgiving meal. Among the things I took was the "goat cheese ball with cranberry sauce on top" thingy that I saw at the April Showers blog.


This is her picture, not mine. Mine looked almost like this. I was going to chop up some almonds for the top, but when I got out the almonds to crack them, I saw that they had been attacked by the pantry moths, and where there was supposed to be an almond was instead webby sawdust. So, there were no nuts on top.

I set it out down at the end of the table by the desserts, nicely arranged on a little plate with crackers on the side. A couple of people tasted it, but there were just too many other desserts, and so about 90% of this was left at the end of the meal.

Of course I brought it back home with me, and throughout the day I took bites of it. What a very interesting blend of flavors. And I just kept on taking bites, and finally at 9 p.m., I asked Richard if he was interested in any of it and he said “no,” so by golly I ate the whole thing.

And it was good.

5 comments:

Tami Weingartner said...

Oh my I do love goat cheese! May have to try that for Christmas dinner.

Donna. W said...

There's a cranberry fluff type salad I usually make at Thanksgiving. The ONLY reason I didn't make it this year is that I always end up eating about a quart of it, I love it so much.

April said...

I took my leftovers and sprinkled it in a salad. Yum.

April said...

I like how your husband wanted nothing to do with it.

Anonymous said...

Well at least you got a couple of food groups in!!